Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cinnamon Makes Jonathan Laugh

Cinnamon Roll #2

On Tuesday evening, July 23, 2013. Jonathan and I were walking our Golden Retriever Cinnamon around our city block. Half way through the walk, Jonathan picked up a stick to play with as he is accustomed to doing. I don't necessarily think that is an autism trait, but maybe boys just like to play with sticks.

After a while Cinnamon snatched the stick out of Jonathan's hands and started eating the stick. I think Cinnamon thought Jonathan was playing with him or feeding him. This made Jonathan laugh. I reminded Jonathan after this that Cinnamon was his very own dog. After that I got Jonathan to hold Cinnamon's leash (with me also holding the leash as well) for a while as we continued our walk. This made both boy and dog (and Dad) happy.

I have wrote about this incident because Jonathan seemed to be genuinely happy with his dog. Sometimes seemingly small moments can make a tremendous difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment