Wednesday, June 19, 2013

God's Golden Retrievers

God decided that human beings needed a reminder that He was their best friend. While dogs are known as "man's best friend", it wasn't any dog but a Golden Retriever that God chose to reflect His character.  

I am extremely loyal to human beings; I love them each as if they were the only person in the world.  My favorite thing to do is spend time with humans and I cry when I am left alone.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God.   

I have a kind and gentle temperment.  I have the personality and intelligence to rescue people in times of disaster or serve as a companion to the blind or deaf.  I am full of compassion.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God. 

I love children and instinctly know how to act around them.  If I do bite I have the characteristic of a "soft bite".  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God.  

I like to retrieve things and give them as gifts to my human.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God.  

I have big ears.  I am always available to listen.  I hear things even when humans don't want me to.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God. 

I am large so humans can't overlook me.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God. 

I have big, expressive, brown eyes.  I see things going on even when humans don't want me to.  I am a Golden Retriever. I am God. 

I have a water resistant fur coat.  I am always ready to serve in any condition.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God. 

I require plenty of exercise.  Humans should spend time with me.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God.   

My coat always comes in variations of a Gold color.  This is to remind people of the streets of gold in heaven.  I am a Golden Retriever.  I am God. 

One of the most popular breeds in the dog world today, the Golden Retriever's appearance, personality, and standards show that truly God knew what he was doing when he created this animal.   The question is whether humans will understand what God was doing.       

By Alan T. Stokes  (Golden Retriever Owner) 

Revised:  October 3, 2004 

No comments:

Post a Comment