Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cinnamon Goes on a Road Trip

Cinnamon Roll #1.

On Saturday, June 29, 2013, I left my home in Pittsburgh and said goodbye to the "Mommy" who rescued me after I was abandoned and left wandering the streets as a little guy. She gave me such a good start in life and I will always remember her. I met my new family and went on a long and fun road trip.


I got to ride in the back seat of a car next to my new brother. I didn't understand some of the energy and anxiety my new brother with autism was expressing in the car, but I didn't bark and let him touch me if he wanted too. I tried to remain calm.

I barked just once on the trip, when I saw a mean looking Rottweiler outside of our car at a rest stop on the highway. I heard an ambulance go by and didn't bark. I also heard fireworks in the neighborhood of my new home and didn't bark. People walking on the sidewalk near our house after midnight bother me though until my parents tell me it is okay.

The trip took all day because of frequent stops and the sunset was beautiful when we were getting close to my new home. When we pulled off the highway into the city where I will live, I stood up in the back seat and looked out the window to see all the new surroundings. When I got to my new home this little cat ran into hiding. She ran so fast I don't know what color she is. I stayed up past midnight and got up at 7am. I can already see I'm going to have to grab cat naps during the day when the family is out doing things without me. Did I say cat naps? I mean dog naps. Until next time.

Cinnamon Roll chronicles special days in the life of the Golden Retriever Cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment